HOPA is pleased to invite members to apply for a travel grant to attend the 14th HOPA Annual Conference, taking place March 21-24, 2018, in Denver, CO. This year, HOPA is distributing sixty $600 travel grants!
- Applicant must be a HOPA member in good standing. Practitioners, technicians, or trainees (residents, fellows, and students) may apply.
- Applicants applying for a grant as a trainee must currently be enrolled in pharmacy school or completing either residency training (PGY-1 or PGY-2) or fellowship training.
- Recipients may only receive a travel grant two years in a row. Therefore, applicants must not have received a HOPA travel grant in both 2016 and 2017.
- Complete online application by 1/12/2018 and upload the following documents into the designated section of the application:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- Letter of Support, completed by a Preceptor/Residency Director, Pharmacy Director, Department Chair, Dean of School of Pharmacy, or employer that confirms current employment or student status and discusses description of need and the impact of attendance at the HOPA Annual Conference on the applicant and practice site or institution.
Awardees will be selected through a scoring process that includes assessment of need and incorporates merit through abstract submission, involvement in HOPA, and an applicant statement. Each grant will be for $600 to offset the costs of travel, lodging and/or registration-related expenses.
Application and Notification Process
The Travel Grant application can be completed and submitted online. The deadline for submitting the completed application is January 12, 2018, at 11:59 PM PT.
Applicants will be notified by February 5, 2018, whether or not they have received a grant. This will allow ample time for all applicants to take advantage of the early-bird registration discount.
All applicants, regardless of award status, will be invited to participate in a Travel Grant post-program online survey following the HOPA Annual Conference.
HOPA is dedicated to facilitating your professional development and encourages anyone who meets these criteria to apply!