Are you a pharmacist new to hematology/oncology and ready to advance your career?
Is your institution looking for the most up-to-date, comprehensive educational program that sets pharmacists up for success in oncology pharmacy?
Then you need the HOPA Core Competency Certificate Program.
Fundamental Education for Pharmacists New to Oncology Pharmacy
- Learn about various treatment options, chemotherapy safety, chemotherapy admixture, pharmacology and chemotherapy toxicity, and prevention/management
- Earn up to 14.5 CE hours
- Be deemed competent to practice in oncology pharmacy upon completion of the program
Fundamental Education for Institutions
The Core Competency Certificate Program is the ideal solution for Institutions looking to provide oncology education for their staff pharmacists or non-clinical professionals. With purchase of institutional licenses, learners will get access to the most current materials as information is updated on a regular basis.
- 2020 Core Competency Module 1: Basic Oncology Pharmacology – 2 hours
- 2020 Core Competency Module 2: Evaluation of Chemotherapy Orders and Initial Patient Assessment – 0.75 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 3: Monitoring and Modifying Cancer Treatment Care Plans – 2 hours
- 2020 Core Competency Module 4: Calculating Appropriate Doses of Anticancer Medications for Hematology/Oncology Patients – 0.5 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 5: Effective Patient Education – 1 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 6: Designing and Implementing Supportive Care Plans – 1.5 hours
- 2020 Core Competency Module 7: Extravasation: When Chemotherapy Misses the Mark – 0.5 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 8: Value Based Frameworks in Oncology – 1.25 hours
- 2020 Core Competency Module 9: Medication Procurement – 1 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 10: Billing and Reimbursement – 1 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 11: Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs – 1 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 12: Investigational Drug Principles – 2 hours
- Individual modules
- Member: $35/module
- Non-member: $45/module
- Group of 3+ modules
- Member: Starting at $99
- Non-member: Starting at $129
- Complete bundle of 12 modules for individual pharmacists
- Member: $360
- Non-member: $480
- Complete bundle of 12 modules for institutions
- Member*: Starting at $1,600 for 5-15 licenses
- Non-member: Starting at $2,200 for 5-15 licenses
*To take advantage of the group discount 75% of the users will need to be HOPA members.
This on-demand module requires a computer and a reliable internet connection.
The Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. A statement of credit will be issued only upon completion of the post-activity evaluation form and post-test. ACPE credit must be claimed by May 26, 2023.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
The Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) assesses conflict of interest with its instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of CE activities. All relevant conflicts of interest that are identified are thoroughly vetted by HOPA for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies utilized in this activity, and patient care recommendations. HOPA is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CE activities and related materials that promote improvements of quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
Thank you to the HOPA task force that helped develop and implement this new HOPA educational program: Megan May (Chair), Jacky Olin (Vice Chair), Carolyn Bondarenka, Anne Mcdonnell, Judith Alberto, Michael Seabright, David DeRemer, Andrea Ledford, Debra Chibroski, and Tina Gegeckas.