If you are unable to travel to Fort Worth, you can still join HOPA’s 15th Annual Conference from anywhere, as a virtual attendee.
We strive to make the annual conference accessible to all who wish to attend, even those who are unable to join us in person. Gain access to a wide range of annual conference sessions and earn up to 16.75 continuing education credits from any device anywhere.
By registering for the Virtual Meeting, you can
- live-stream select sessions covering a range of topics from any device
- participate in the Q&A sections of all live-streamed sessions by submitting questions in real time
- engage with other attendees via the conference app, HOPA 365
- access archived sessions almost immediately after the session ends.
With your virtual attendance, you will not miss out on the robust educational opportunities provided to in-person attendees. In fact, you can earn all 8 Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) credits available at HOPA’s annual conference by joining us virtually. As a part of your registration fee, you will also gain access to the BCOP posttests.
Virtual Meeting Registration Fees
Complete your registration to stream these BCOP sessions and more during the meeting:
- Updates in the Management of Prostate Cancer (1.0 CE)
- Young Adults and Adolescents: Current and Future Challenges (1.25 CE)
- Maintenance Therapy After Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in AML: The Old, the New, and the Future (1.0 CE)
- Current Strategies in the Management of Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting (CINV) (1.0 CE)
- Advances in Breast Cancer: Are We Moving the Needle to Better Survival? (1.25 CE)
- Leukemia Is Coming: The Battle of Targeted Therapies in Acute Myeloid Leukemia (1.25 CE)
- Updates in the Management of Colorectal Cancer (1.25 CE)
In addition to our BCOP Sessions, you can also access these world-class educational sessions that are included in your Virtual Meeting registration:
- Promoting Resilience and Preventing Burnout: Strategies for Having a Long, Fulfilling Career (1.0 CE)
- Investigational Medications (1.0 CE)
- The Oncology Pharmacist’s Blind Spot: A Practical Roadmap to Patient Outreach (1.25 CE)
- Updates in Renal Cell Carcinoma (0.75 CE)
- Key Updates in Internal Medicine: What the Oncology Pharmacist Needs to Know (0.75 CE, Flipped Classroom [see below])
- Breakout Session: Pediatrics (1.0 CE)
- Brentuximab Vedotin and PD-1 Inhibitors in Relapsed/Refractory Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Keeping an Eye on Intra-Ocular Therapies for Retinoblastoma
- Breakout Session: Practice Leadership (1.0 CE)
- Business 101: Applying Billing Models to Optimize Your Practice
- Authentic Leadership: Leading with Your True Self
- Real-World Data Use in Oncology (1.0 CE)
- Leadership Development Session (1.0 CE)
- Significant Papers: Oncology (1.0 CE)
- Research Grant Award Presentation (1.0 CE)
- Breakout Session: Ambulatory Practice (1.0 CE)
- The Oncologist’s Orbuculum: Emerging Biomarkers to Predict Response to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors
- Immunotherapy Use in the First-Line Setting for Metastatic NSCLC
- Breakout Session: Practical Issues for Clinicians (1.0 CE)
- The Use of CAM Therapy in the Early Clinical Trial Setting
- Managing the Patient on Medical Marijuana
- DEBATE—Immunotherapy Rechallenge: Knowing When Enough Is Enough (1.25 CE)
- DEBATE—Preemptive Therapy for CMV Versus Prophylaxis in the Era of Letermovir (1.25 CE)
- Do the DOACs Deliver? Direct Oral Anticoagulants for the Treatment of VTE in Adult and Pediatric Oncology Patients (1.0 CE)
- The Right to Try Investigational Anticancer Therapies (1.0 CE)
- Measurable Residual Disease in Hematologic Malignancies (0.75 CE, Flipped Classroom [see below])
- Crucial Conversations for the Hematology/Oncology Pharmacist (1.25 CE)
- Translating Tumor Genetics into Clinical Practice (1.25 CE)
- It's Time for Alphabet Soup! Let's Start with AIHA, ITP, TTP/HUS, and ACFD (1.25 CE)
NEW in HOPA AHEAD 2019: Flipped Classrooms
New to the HOPA conference this year will be Flipped Classroom sessions. Two educational sessions included in the Virtual Meeting will offer an additional 0.5 CE credit each to be completed before the live sessions are held in Fort Worth. These prework sessions allow you to gain the knowledge of background information, case studies, and other preparatory materials so you can dive right in to the material during the live-streamed sessions!
Flipped Classroom prework will be posted to My Education Library at least 1 month prior to the live meeting. Note: you do not need to complete the prework in order to attend the live-streamed sessions. Completing the prework is optional; however, if you do not complete the prework, you will not receive the additional 0.5 CE beyond the normal CE offered for the streamed virtual session. Prework will be available for completion until the last day for claiming Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credits for the 2019 Annual Conference (May 30, 2019).
The following sessions for Virtual Meeting attendees will contain prework and the opportunity to earn an additional 0.5 CE for each:
See the Schedule of Events for more details about each of the virtual sessions offered.