Registration for the HOPA Quality Improvement Workshop - ASCO QTP is now closed
See below for additional information on preconference sessions to be held on Friday, September 13.
Thursday, September 12, 2019
HOPA Quality Improvement Workshop - ASCO QTP
8 am–4:30 pm
One-Day Workshop (.07 CEU)
Subsidized by HOPA to be delivered at an additional cost of $200
This is an exclusive, 1-day program led by American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Quality Training Program (QTP) faculty intended to give a conceptual introduction to oncology quality and provide participants with take-away tools for the development of oncology-related quality improvement work.
Upon completing the program, participants will have knowledge to lead interdisciplinary oncology-based quality improvement activities within their practice area and will be able to:
- Identify clinical and operational targets for quality improvement
- Understand principles to create and implement change strategy plans
- Recognize how to analyze and use data for improvement
Draft agenda subject to change.
Please note that this opportunity is only available to 25 HOPA members. To be considered for participation, please review the requirements below and complete the application here. Applications will be accepted through July 14, 2019. Once the application is closed, the 25 attendees will be selected and notified.
HOPA members interested in attending should have:
- 2+ years of oncology practice experience, not including residency or fellowship experience. Note: completed post-graduate training is not required to attend.
- Practice experience in oncology, pharmacy quality initiatives, and/or pharmacy leadership
- Interest in developing skills to initiate and conduct oncology quality improvement activities
- Commitment to bring at least one idea to the workshop for a quality improvement project or research
- An updated resume/CV
Friday, September 13, 2019 Sessions
Preconferences (.03 CEU)
Available at an additional cost
Richard Needleman, RpH
What's Out There, Where Is It Going
Sapna Amin, PharmD BCOP
How to Have Successful Audits
Caroline Harvey, RpH MS
Live Only - Includes site visit to Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy
Live Only - Includes site visit to Atrium Health’s Levine Cancer Institute