(Recorded HOPA Insights eSeries presented on 9/24/15)
This HOPA Insights eSeries presentation will provide the attendee with an introduction to biostatistics. It will include an overview of levels of measurement and study designs including observational (e.g. case-control, cohort, etc.) and experimental. It will also include an overview of risk ratios (e.g. odds ratio, relative risk, hazard ratio) and their proper interpretation. Selection of simple metric (e.g. t-test, ANOVA) and nonmetric (e.g. chi-square, Wilcoxon, Mann-Whitney) statistical tests will be covered along with an introduction to superiority and non-inferiority trials.
- Select or critique the selection of a statistical test and observational versus experimental design when given a simple scenario for availability of data and statistical conclusion desired
- Differentiate between an odds ratio and relative risk and accurately articulate their meaning when derived from a clinical research article
- Identify when given a comparator group and desired statistical conclusion, traditional statistical comparison versus a non-inferiority comparison would be warranted
Gregory S. Wellman, PhD, RPh
Professor of Pharmacy
Ferris State University, College of Pharmacy
Big Rapids, MI
Disclosure: The faculty and planners do not have anything to disclose.
This activity is intended for hematology/oncology pharmacists.
This activity has been approved for 1.25 contact hours (.125 CEUs) under the ACPE universal activity number 0465-0000-15-045-H04-P.
The Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. A statement of credit will be issued only upon completion of the post-activity evaluation form and post-test. Individuals who attended the live broadcast of “Biostatistically Simple” on September 24, 2015 and claimed live CE credit are ineligible to claim credit for completing this online activity.
View Webinar Free Here
To Claim Credit
If you would like to claim credit for the on demand webinar participants must:
(1) read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures
(2) view the recording
(3) purchase the online post-test by clicking here
(4) Follow the instructions on your email receipt to access the post-test;
(5) complete the online post-test and evaluation prior to printing out the certificate of completion.
Release Date: September 24, 2015
Expiration Date: September 24, 2018
To receive credit, Purchase Now >
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
The Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) assesses conflict of interest with its instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of CE activities. All relevant conflicts of interest that are identified are thoroughly vetted by HOPA for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies utilized in this activity, and patient care recommendations. HOPA is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CE activities and related materials that promote improvements of quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
Reported Areas of Conflict:
Planners and Managers
Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association does not view the existence of relationships as an implication of bias or that the value of the material is decreased. The content of the activity was planned to be balanced, objective, and scientifically rigorous. Occasionally, authors may express opinions that represent their own viewpoint. Conclusions drawn by participants should be derived from objective analysis of scientific data.
Unlabeled/Unapproved Uses of Drugs
All faculty have indicated that they have not referenced unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs and devices.